Want to achieve the energy efficiency of a light fabric and the visual comfort of a dark fabric? Why settle only for one of them?
Light-colored fabrics are more efficient in terms of energy saving than dark-colored fabrics, as they show a greater reflection of sunlight. On the other hand, they are less effective when it comes to glare control, where dark fabrics absorb part of the heat received, further preventing glare and reflections.
At Vertisol, we understand the needs of our clients and turn them into a reality. This is why in our range of Contract fabrics for sun protection, we have double-sided fabrics (one light side and one dark side) so that you get, with just one fabric, all the advantages.
What are Vertisol Duo Side Fabrics?
Polyscreen Duoside 501 and 503 fabrics are part of the Contract collection by Vertisol. Both fabrics present a combination of double sided serge weaving and 1% or 3% openness factor for an optimal heat reduction and visual comfort.
This is why Polyscreen Duoside 501 and 503 are a good solution when talking about sustainable buildings, as they become the perfect combination of visual comfort and energy efficiency given the characteristics of its lighter and darker faces. By positioning the light side towards the glass, we obtain excellent control of the heat entering the building, and with the dark side towards the interior, we can improve visual comfort by reducing glare and reflection.
Another advantage of Polyscreen Duoside 501 and 503 is that they offer two different openess factor (1% and 3% respectively). With a combination of both in each façade orientation, we get better control of light, energy and privacy.
Advantages of Polyscreen 501 and 503 Fabrics
- Flexible and strong fabric with high dimensional stability
- Thermal efficiency
- Outside visibility optimized thanks to a double sided weave technology.
- Phthalate Free
- They filter UV radiation up to 99% depending on color and Openness Factor.
- They are fabrics composed of materials that do not contain restricted substances or Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) listed by European Union regulation REACH.
- Greenguard Gold Certified
- Polyscreen® Duoside 501 · 503 can be used to calculate energy savings achieved by using them, as their thermal properties are listed in international databases such as IDA ESBO, Edibatec, and BIM.
- Flame Retardant: B1, NFPA, Bs1d0 (Polyscreen 503), Bs3d0 (Polyscreen 501)
- Acoustic absorption. Polyscreen® 501 achieves an acoustic absorption coefficient (αW) = 0.45.
- IMO Certified
- Durable and recyclable
- Inhibition of bacterial and fungal growth
- Easy cleaning and maintenance